Peggy and I came up with an interesting variation of the Yahtzee card game, try to get the lowest score. In order to keep from just burning (taking a 0) every score we made some additional rules:
- Unless required to play a hand by following rules, you must use all three rolls.
- If a hand meets the minimum requirements for a score in the Lower Section (3 or 4 of-a-kind, or Small Straight) that has not been filled yet, than those dice must be held.
- If you roll a Full House, Large Straight, or a Yahtzee, you must place the score accordingly, if you can.
- You must place a hand where it gives you the highest score, except for Chance.
- If your final roll in a hand cannot be played for any points, then you burn from the top down: Upper section – Aces, Twos, Threes, etc. then Lower Section – 3-of-a-kind, 4-of-a-kind, etc.
- Chance is the last hand played.
Give it a go, and let me know if you can think of additional rules.
(This is a re-post from my old blogspot account)
Leave a Reply