I just updated Gallery Plus to version 1.1.0, and added some new features. The changes are as follows:
- Added [ gallery_excerpt ] shortcode to show one linked-image on multi-post pages.
- Added “Only Show Gallery On Single Post:” option to hide the gallery on multi-post pages, which has the same effect as adding a <!– more –> tag before the gallery shortcode.
- Fixed how the caption appears in the alt tag of the image.
The [ gallery_excerpt ] shortcode has several options:
- orderby – specify the sort order used to display thumbnails. The default is “menu_order ASC, ID ASC”.
- id – specify the post ID. The gallery will display images which are attached to that post. The default behavior if no ID is specified is to display images attached to the current post
- size – specify the image size to use for the thumbnail display. Valid values include “thumbnail”, “medium” and “full”. The default is the size set in the Gallery Plus options.
- imagenumber – specify which image from your sorted gallery to show. The default is “1”.
- class – specify additional classes to assign to the image. The default is “alignleft”.
For more information about shortcodes, go to the Using the gallery shortcode.
Also, In the initial post about Gallery Plus, I did not mention the additional options to the [ gallery ] shortcode. Both options default to the settings on the Gallery Plus options page.
- link2full – specify if the links should go directly to the full resolution image.
- overlay – specify which overlay system to use.
NOTE: all shortcode tags shown above have additional spaces between the brackets and text that should not be in your use of the shortcodes.